Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Get Started Guide

If you join SparkPeople.com (it's free) and request me as a friend, you can actually see EVERYTHING that I've eaten since beginning the fast. I'll also send you some websites and recipes :)

http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage.asp?id=CKINNEER
http://danielsfastcookbook.com/
http://danielfast.wordpress.com/daniel-fast-food-list/

One of the best places to get food from is Kroger. Publix also has quite a bit of organic foods that will work on the fast.

I found only one actual bread that doesn't have any added sugar in the ingredients. It's really good but kind of expensive. http://www.foodforlife.com/ We've been using organic butter and sugar free organic jelly and the cinnamon raisin bread for breakfast with either fruit or a banana. Oatmeal is also a great breakfast item. Get the whole grain (no sugar in ingredients) oatmeal. I like to mix it with vanilla almond milk (it's not milk...it's made out of almonds so it's not soy either) and raisins and cinnamon. That's normally what I have for breakfast.

Buy a bunch of frozen veggies (they are easier to cook and cheaper than buying cans) and a bunch of frozen fruits. Make sure that your fruits are not perserved in sugar. These are good snacks. Nuts are good snacks too. I also found these veggie stixs that are all natural and are YUMMY! They are in the potato chip isle. For lunch a salad or soup (Amy's Organics has a lot of veggie soups without added sugar). Or a peanut butter and jelly sandwich (using natural ingredients).

For dinner we do ALOT of brown rice. You can get some ideas from my page. One of my faves so far was brown rice, okra, squash and diced tomatoes. Oh and onions. You can get whole wheat tortillas and make bean burritos. I made this yesterday and I think the recipe is on my page, if not, just email me. It's really easy. Red beans and rice is good. Black eyed peas and rice. I also found some rice spaghetti with no sugar. Publix probably has it. You can buy the cans of just tomato sauce (no sugar added) and add spices for a sauce. I made a really yummy mushroom and orzo soup.

You just really have to plan and look for these things but I'm posting stuff as I'm making it. When you go out, you can go to Wendys and get a baked potato (no toppings) and a side salad. Be careful about your dressings also though...ALOT have sugar added. Balslamic (sp?) is normally okay.

I hope this helps so far. And I'll be happy to keep sending you stuff if you want me to!

Charity

No comments: