Monday, October 26, 2009

Broken Nose




Well my stinker butt broke his nose at school on Thursday. I get a call around lunch time from my husband who says, "Can you call Caleb's doctor. I just got a call from the school and apparently Caleb fell on the playground. He was fine until about an hour after the fall when it seems his head is swelling and he is complaining of a bad headache." That's all he says! I, of course, begin freaking out like most mothers would when they hear words like head swelling, bad headache... so I call his doctor and they immediately let me speak with a nurse. She asks me questions such as where is the swelling, what's hurting? I have no answers so I call the school nurse. As soon as I'm paged through and say who I am she tells me that Caleb was playing on the playground and fell somehow. On his way down he hit his nose. It bled a little and so she fixed him up and sent him to class. Apparently an hour or so later it started swelling and he was complaining of a headache (turns out it was hurting ON his nose, not his head but hey, he's only 4). After speaking with her, our doctors nurse and an emergency room nurse we decide not to take Caleb into the ER at this time. His nose is too swollen for them to do anything anyway and the first thing he asks when Seth picks him up is whether or not he can play in the playset at McDonalds. I think he's fine...

We still haven't taken him to the doctor. He has his five year check up in a week so I figure I'll let them look at it then but we're about 95% sure it's broken and he had such a cute little nose :(

I'm not sure why God decided to give me two boys! Already Caleb has broken his arm in two places and now his nose. AND he's a good kid! He's not a wild child and he's not extremely physical. He just seems to be a klutz. :) I am not looking forward to little E becoming mobile if this is what it leads too...Oh well, I suppose things could be MUCH worse!

No comments: